The health and wellbeing of both our patients and our staff is our highest priority. With this in mind, we thank you for your understanding as our practice goes through adjustments to incorporate safety procedures as per guidance from the U. S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
WHAT ARE WE DOING?
To protect our patients and staff we have instituted more stringent cleaning protocols of our clinic. In addition to our usual practice of cleaning equipment and linens for every patient, we are including a deep clean of the entire office every morning and evening, as well as regularly disinfecting high-touch areas such as doorknobs and countertops throughout the day. Our staff are always wearing face masks while treating patients and each patient is screened when they arrive for an appointment. The temperature of all patients will be taken upon entering the office with no contact infrared thermometer.
In addition, we are adjusting our schedules so we can maintain adequate space between each patient during treatments as well as to reduce the number of people gathering in one place per CDC guidelines.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
We thank you for supporting our business and helping us to decrease the spread of COVID-19. We require a mask to be worn while attending physical therapy appointments. If a mask is not available, the CDC recommends wearing something to cover the face and nose (handkerchief, bandana, folded T-shirt). https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html. We ask that you do not come into the office without adequate facial covering. If you or anyone you have been in contact with begins to show symptoms of COVID-19, we ask that you contact your health care provider for advice and reschedule your appointments with us by phone immediately. Do not come into the office unannounced to make changes to your schedule. Please make your decision based on the screening questions below:
Patient Screening Questions:
- Within the past 14 days have you or anyone in your household experienced any of the following symptoms: fever, headache, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, chills or body aches, cough, diarrhea or vomiting, loss of taste or smell?
- If yes, to any of the above, have you been advised by a health care professional to self-quarantine for any amount of time?
- If you have experienced any of the above symptoms in the last 14 days, but are no longer sick, how long have you been asymptomatic?
- Have you or any member of your household been in contact with someone who has exhibited any of the above listed symptoms within the past 14 days?
- If you or your family member have not been free of the above symptoms for at least 2 weeks or have traveled recently either outside the United States or to any COVID-19 hotspots around the country, please call the office at 703-354-1230 to discuss options and what precautions should be taken.
Our entire staff here at Orthopedic Physical Therapy of Northern Virginia (Ortho PT of NOVA) would like to extend a special thank you to all first responders and medical personnel working diligently every day during this difficult time. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. Please stay healthy and safe.
We so appreciate your confidence in us to follow the guidelines to ensure your safety and that of our staff. Together, we will get through this crisis. Brighter days will follow, and we will be here to bring you relief and mobility long into the future. We are stronger together.